FRAMINGHAM, MA, June 1, 2015 – The Travel Institute has just relaunched its website (www.thetravelinstitute.com) to better meet the needs of a growing customer base hungry for travel and business knowledge but strapped for time and often financial resources.
The Travel Institute’s official rollout of its website took place on June 1, after a soft launch just prior to the Memorial Day weekend.
“We’ve been tweaking our website for the last few years, but we really turned up the heat in 2015 with a total overhaul led by Taylor Ruecking, our new director of information technology,” said Diane Petras, The Travel Institute’s COO. “The rebuilt site offers an online experience that’s rich in content, user friendly, and provides access to some of the very best education at an affordable price.”
One of Ruecking’s major priorities was to organize the institute’s extensive content in a way that’s intuitive for users. “It’s almost a Catch 22 of sorts as we have a myriad of information to share – more than most people realize – but the challenge is to display it in way that’s obvious and engaging for our customers. We think our rebuilt site offers the perfect solution through rotating images and video, and an easy-to-navigate layout.”
Ruecking said The Travel Institute has also started to convert popular certification curriculums like its Certified Travel Associate (CTA) program and destination courses such as Alaska over to a new online learning platform housed on the website that delivers the ultimate in training, convenience, engagement, and customer support.
Among the website’s new features, users will now be able to:
- Store courses on a “My Courses” page to track progress, communicate with instructors, take a quiz, and prepare for the final test. Even get your score.
- Automatically receive the exclusive 10 percent member discount with each purchase.
- Enter the “members-only” lounge to take advantage of bonus content.
- For premium members, access an exclusive lounge featuring specialist courses housed in your own library, with new content arriving regularly.
- View content on all mobile devices.
- See a “My Account” page to track purchase history, change a form of payment, and manage profile details.
- Improve the shopping experience by viewing products by category and then sorting by popularity, newness, title, or price.
- Display webinar training in calendar format to view an entire month at a glance and then easily download it to your calendar.
- Log in using social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Watch a “Featured Flick.”
The rebuilt site has already earned positive feedback from its customers, including Keandra Simmons of C’estlavie Travel Agency. “I chose the option of earning my CTA online because of the convenience,” said Simmons. “I am able to log on the site anytime from anywhere to complete assignments and reading. The information is easy to understand, easy to access, and contains all of the information as the traditional learning method. As a parent that works full-time with a busy teenager, this method of learning gives me the freedom to catch up on reading from anywhere. I would recommend the online learning to anyone that thinks they can’t do it because of time. I look forward to talking all of the courses that are offered online.”
According to Ruecking, the plan is to eventually migrate all of The Travel Institute’s courses to an online learning platform.
About The Travel Institute
Established in 1964, The Travel Institute serves as a community of knowledge and insight for all travel professionals. Through innovative education programs, professional certifications and customized learning solutions, The Institute fulfills its non-profit mission to promote a standard of industry knowledge and excellence. For more information about The Travel Institute, visit www.thetravelinstitute.com or call (800) 542-4282.