By Tammy Levent
The holiday season is one of the most important times to show your clients that you care about them. The reason it’s so important is because this is the time of year people want to be remembered. Everyone already has those warm and fuzzy feelings and you have a prime opportunity to capitalize on that. So, without further ado, here are five things you can do for your travel clients this holiday season:
- Send them a holiday card, and not a hand stamped one. Resist the urge to make it look “too corporate” by writing a greeting or at least signing it by hand. Feel free to offer a discount on travel with the card, too, in order to potentially score some last minute travel bookings.
- Buy a gift for them. Now, I know what you might be thinking – this is too costly. However, I didn’t say you had to send every client a gift. If budget is an issue maybe just send gifts to your most frequent customers. You could give them a branded eye mask for traveling or even a calendar they can use to make them think of your agency year round. I’ve given both of these out before and they weren’t too terribly expensive. Make sure it’s something people could actually use and not just throw away.
- Throw a holiday party at your agency’s office. Depending on where your customer base is, you might be able to invite several of your clients to your office for a fun shindig with light appetizers and drinks.
- Give them a call. Of course, if you have a large list, this might be a little difficult, but if you have enough staff members to divide the list amongst, call your clients and wish them the best for the season.
- At the very least, send an ecard or email. I get it, holiday cards, gifts, parties and postage can cost a lot of money. So, if you can’t bring yourself to spend the funds on any of the above mentioned ideas, make sure to send a personalized email to each and every person on your list!