By Lisa Sheldon, CTC, DWHSA
Five Tips for Your Romance Travel Fam Trip Experience
- Use a resort/hotel site inspection form. Collect information on key resort staff, room types, restaurants, and check to see if they have a kids program. Make sure you get the wedding coordinator’s or romance concierge’s name and contact information and take photos of the main ceremony sites. Ask them what “Plan B” is if it rains, if they allow outside vendors and what is the fee for guests who don’t stay at the same resort as the bridal couple. If you don’t have a form, create one.
- Take a photo of the room number before you enter. Make a note of the type of category and which building you are in so that you can, for example, show the difference between ocean front and ocean view.
- Use social media. Post to your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts from the destination. Post some photos to your Pinterest boards or create one just for that FAM experience. Periscope is a new live broadcast format that you can use to highlight the resort, a special dining experience or excursion. Broadcasting live on the beach with a wedding ceremony set up will get them excited about their destination wedding.
- Contact your clients. While you are on the FAM contact your clients that you think will be interested in the destination, excursions you experience or the resorts you see. Send them a quick email or text with a photo and say “picture you and your fiancée on this beach saying your vows” or “this is the honeymoon suite that you booked – great view isn’t it.”
- Write a blog post. Don’t have a blog? Then see if you can find another business that you could partner with to write a guest blog. A bridal salon, for example, may welcome the idea of a post on destination weddings, and they can cross promote wedding gowns.