Annual “Promote Your Professionalism” month and new “Get Sales-Fit” training equip travel professionals with much-needed skills to thrive in competitive market
FRAMINGHAM, MA, June 23, 2015 – The Travel Institute today announced details of two key learning opportunities for travel professionals that are based on the same topic – but from two very distinct perspectives.
The Institute’s 2nd annual “Promote Your Professionalism” program, a month-long campaign in July, focuses on how to sell and market your experiences and accomplishments, such as your Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) credentials. “Get Sales-Fit,” a new two-part coaching series offered in August, zeroes in on the essentials of consultative selling.
“The sales discipline encompasses several different strategies and core competencies, and both are essential to a travel professional’s success,” said Pat Gagnon, CTC, director of program development. “These two training opportunities from The Travel Institute will yield big results for both newcomers as well as industry veterans.”
More than 2,000 people participated in the Institute’s inaugural Promote Your Professionalism program last year with a similar turnout expected in 2015. Among the activities planned this July: a series of four webinars, a trade press directory e-book, and certification scholarships valued at up to 50 percent off standard curriculum pricing, depending on selected coursework. In order to be considered for the significant savings, scholarship applicants must answer two questions related to promoting their professionalism.
The four webinars are led by members of The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program or other industry veterans. Cost is free to Institute members and $19.99 for non-members. The webinar schedule is as follows:
- July 9, 11 a.m. EDT – “How to Become Astonishing” with Scott Koepf, CTC
- July 14, 1p.m. EDT – “Are You My Travel Agent? 10 Ways to Get Me as Your Customer and Keep Me Forever Loyal” with Stuart L. Cohen
- July 21, 1p.m. EDT – “Sell More When You D.E.A.L. With Your Clients” with Cheryl Gregory, CTM
- July 28, 1 p.m. EDT – “Discover A Simple Power Within Yourself” with Jennifer Reynolds, CTIE
Also during Promote Your Professionalism month, The Travel Institute’s popular “Hot Tip Tuesday” e-newsletter and member-only “Friday Five” blog posts will focus on selling yourself as a travel professional.
The new “Get Sales-Fit” hands-on training will be led by well-known sales educator Carol Parsons, who through two one-hour interactive online sessions, will teach participants how to:
- Fully understand the travel consumer
- Qualify clients to match the right product
- Overcome objections
- Cross-sell and up-sell more effectively
- Engage clients through social media outlets to create rapport
- Employ sure-fire closing techniques and follow-up strategies
- Ultimately create loyal clients leading to increased sales for you
“Everyone wants to increase their sales, but the real question is how? Sure, there is plenty of product training available to help you be more specialized and sell more. But what makes ‘Get Sales-Fit’ stand out is that it focuses on core principles that really make a difference,” said Guida Botelho, CTA, director of training.
Get Sales-Fit is set for August 13 and 20 at noon EDT. Tuition is $99 for members and $139 for non-members, and includes:
- Two, one-hour interactive sessions featuring sales coaching, practical exercises, and sharing of best practices
- Plenty of time throughout each session to ask questions and gain answers to specific sales-related questions
- Two e-books from the highly recognized CTA certification course: Understanding Customer Needs and Customer Focused Selling
- Certificate of completion from The Travel Institute
Advanced registration is required for the Promote Your Professionalism webinars and Get Sales-Fit certification. To register or for more information, visit The Travel Institute’s new website at www.thetravelinstitute.com.
About The Travel Institute
Established in 1964, The Travel Institute serves as a community of knowledge and insight for all travel professionals. Through innovative education programs, professional certifications and customized learning solutions, The Institute fulfills its non-profit mission to promote a standard of industry knowledge and excellence. For more information about The Travel Institute, visit www.thetravelinstitute.com or call (800) 542-4282.