FRAMINGHAM, MA, December 16, 2015 – Responding to a 64 percent increase in sales of its entry-level training programs in 2015, The Travel Institute today announced details of a new learning program, “Advice from the Experts,” a 10-week series of live presentations for those considering or beginning a career in travel.
The weekly webinars, which will run from February 17 to April 20, are led by industry experts who are part of The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program and cover a variety of on-the-job essentials.
“Although we are committed to life-long education for all travel professionals, the Advice from the Experts series is designed for those individuals new to the industry,” said Patty Noonan, CTC, director of sales. “We are very excited about the series, and not just because we’re the only organization offering such a program, but also because it’s geared for the future of our industry – the next generation of travel professionals.”
Added Training Director Guida Botelho, CTA, “The series is also a turnkey solution for agency owners and managers who are training new employees. Focusing on these business fundamentals early on in their career sets them up for success and prepares them for their next stage of their business – especially when each learning session is led by one of our industry experts.”
Each webinar lasts 45 minutes to one hour, with time allotted for questions from participants. All sessions are free for members of The Travel Institute and $19.99 for non-members. Advanced registration is required due to limited space per webinar.
The lineup for Advice from the Experts features the following sessions with full webinar descriptions and registration available on www.thetravelinstitute.com:
- February 17: “Branding Your Way to Success” – Mark McMullen, CTC; executive vice-president of Catapult New Business LLC;
- February 24: “Finding the Right Host Agency For You” – Joanie Ogg, CTC, MCC; co-founder of HomeBasedTravelAgent.com, FindAHostTravelAgency.com, TravelProfessionalCommunity.com;
- March 2: “Finding Your Dream Job in Travel” – Gayle Walsh; president of Travel Staffing Group; Hot Travel Jobs;
- March 9: “Creating a Business Plan” – Cory Andrichuck, MCC; president of coryandrichuk.com;
- March 16: “Creating a Marketing Plan” – Cheryl Gatto, CTIE; regional sales manager of Sceptre Tours;
- March 23: “Specialization – Choosing Your Niche” – Patty Noonan, CTC, and Guida Botelho, CTA, from The Travel Institute;
- March 30: “Sales Techniques: Getting and Keeping the Clients You Want” – Carol Parsons; travel educator and sales coach; owner of Virtual Sales;
- April 6: “Setting Yourself Apart from the Competition – Creating the Wow” – Anne MacIntyre; owner of On the Map Travel;
- April 13: “The Keys to Making Money in Travel” – Nolan Burris; president and chief visioneer of Future Proof Travel Solutions;
- April 20: “Engage, Engage, Engage – Becoming a Networking Phenom” – Stuart Cohen, ACC; chief motivation officer of www.StuartLloydCohen.com.
Webinars are archived for the purpose of convenience and follow-up. While participants are encouraged to enroll in all 10, it is not a requirement, nor is the material cumulative.
About The Travel Institute
Established in 1964, The Travel Institute serves as a community of knowledge and insight for all travel professionals. Through innovative education programs, professional certifications and customized learning solutions, The Institute fulfills its non-profit mission to promote a standard of industry knowledge and excellence. For more information about The Travel Institute, visit www.thetravelinstitute.com or call (800) 542-4282.