You’ve come to the right place to learn more about The Travel Institute. Established in 1964, The Travel Institute is the non-profit education destination for the travel industry. Our goal is to provide education and relevant content to all travel professionals. Our programs are designed for success at each career level to develop top-producing travel agents, managers and executives.
The Travel Institute:
- has set the standard for knowledge and excellence in the travel agent community for over 50 years.
- is the industry’s seal of approval in education.
- has a roster of more than 24,000 certified travel professionals.
- leads the industry in delivering customized training in today’s most critical skills, including sales, communication, marketing, financial planning, ethics, destinations, and niche training.
Most recent accomplishments:
Our three certification courses have been revamped to ensure that your education is current, practical, and relevant to fit today’s needs. From the new-to-the-industry travel agent to the veteran executive, our content and curriculum are the most comprehensive and uniquely tailored to the travel professional in the industry. These programs include:
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) – For Front-Line Agents – 15 areas of study, including planning itineraries and customer-focused selling to develop each front line travel agent
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) – For Management – 10 areas of study, including coaching/mentoring, to develop managers, directors, and owners
- Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE) – For Executives – 10 areas of study, including emotional intelligence, to develop executives, business development managers, etc.
- Our new learning platform
- provides 24/7 access across multiple mobile platforms, in multimedia format
- provides on-demand learning through our Premium membership level, allowing professionals to create their own training path
- offers the leading new-to-the-industry, entry-level training TRIP Kit program used by colleges and career schools across the U.S. and Canada
- We’ve awarded over 900 certification scholarships in the last four years to aspiring travel agents and executives who meet strict criteria.
We also offer:
- Essential travel agent training textbooks: Travel Career Development and Exploring the World: Geography for Travel Professionals
Whether you are just starting out or reaching for the next level of success, The Travel Institute has a program to meet your needs.
Contact us at 781-237-0280 to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.