Why people use a travel professional:
- One of the key things to remember about any travel professional, is that they do this for a living. Their knowledge and access far exceed anything you could do on your own.
- As part of their business model, they count on you coming back and referring others.
- Their continued education, experience, and industry partnerships are their greatest assets.
- Tap into the experience of our certified travel agents.
Things to think about/ask when hiring a travel agent:
- Are you certified?
- Have you been to the destination I’m interested in?
- Do you have back up support in place if you are unavailable?
- Do you offer travel insurance?
- Do you have references I may contact?
- What are your specialties? Specific destinations, Honeymoons, Family Travel, etc.
- Learn more about whether licensing applies in their region.
What It Takes to be Certified:
- A travel agent earns certification through The Travel Institute by completing rigorous coursework that includes a deep dive into professional and practical skills that are relevant to the travel professional, such as Business Ethics, Customer Service, Understanding Customer Needs, Planning Itineraries, and Travel Insurance. Agents must pass a proctored, closed-book test to maintain the integrity of the CTA, CTC and CTIE credentials and the standards they represent.
- Required Experience to Earn Certification:
- CTA – 1 to 5 years (must pass exam with a 70% or higher)
- CTC – 5+ years and CTA
- CTIE – 5+ years
We offer free informational webinars on our CTA, CTC or CTIE courses.
If you would like to be included in this public search database, or want to display your Digital Credentials, learn more here.