Professionalism is one of those nebulous qualities to which most of us aspire but few can define. An understanding of business ethics in the travel workplace is a necessity for all those who wish to call themselves travel professionals. This course will help you view professionalism not as an abstract ideal, but as a business necessity grounded in practical behaviors you can practice each and every day.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand more fully your role as a travel “professional.
- Identify basic principles of ethical behavior in the travel workplace.
- Realize the necessity of ethical codes of conduct.
- Practice strategies to enhance your professionalism at work.
- Write your own personal code of conduct and test it in real-life ethical dilemmas.
- Lesson 1: The Travel Professional
- Lesson 2: Professionalism and Ethics
- Lesson 3: Tools for Professionalism
- Application Activity
After enrolling in the course, you will be accessing the Business Ethics in the MY COURSES area. Log-in to The Travel Institute website, click on the MY COURSES tab at the top of the page, scroll down, and click on the words Business Ethics. Enjoy your course.
Continuing Education Units
Successful completion of this course (including testing) qualifies for 2 CEUs.