CTA Certified: Online Version
Industry recognized certification, for nearly 20 years.
Are you looking to grow your sales, enhance your value with clients, improve your efficiencies, make yourself more marketable – and of course, earn more? The Travel Institute’s all-new CTA Certified Travel Associate course gives you the tools and knowledge to accomplish all those things and much more.
Welcome to the CTA
Certified Travel Associate Program
What You Will Learn
The new curriculum was written by subject matter experts and covers 15 critical areas of study designed to teach you how to be the very best travel professional. The learning experience is in-depth, thought-provoking, and delivered in a variety of blended learning formats. The new CTA program is a practical, real-life approach to your on-the-job success.
CTA Table of Contents
- What is professionalism
- Tools for professionalism
- Practical ways to improve professionalism
- Principles of business writing
- Effective office communications
- Communicating with management
- Successful marketing communications
- Who are your customers?
- What do your customers want from you
- Implementing best customer service practices
- Retaining customers when there is a problem
- Understanding travel sales
- Working the sales cycle
- Selling by phone and internet
- Overcome barriers to effective listening
- Listen actively when consulting with clients
- The importance of interpersonal communication
- Building and maintaining a strong team
- Managing a team
- Balancing work and family
- Setting time management goals
- Planning for optimum results
- Overcoming time-wasting obstacles
- Understanding the “Why”
- Customer buying behavior
- Buyer psychology
- Red flags and tools to avoid fraud
- Basic tools to keep you and your client safe
- Best practices for credit card transactions
- What makes a successful itinerary
- Meeting client needs and expectations
- Tips and ideas for creating the “Wow”
- The benefits of selling all-inclusive resorts
- Understanding this lucrative market
- 5 steps to effectively sell all-inclusive resorts
- 5 reasons why these are so appealing
- 5 reasons to sell escorted vacations
- Profiting from escorted tours
- Why sell special interest travel
- Getting started
- Strategic planning for success
- Major factors that effect weather & climate
- World highlights
- Major sightseeing attractions
- Identify the travel insurance needs of your clients
- Recognize the profitability of offering travel insurance
- Demonstrate confidence when recommending travel insurance
Being a CTA means that I am now a true professional. In the travel industry, taking the time and dedication to become a CTA signifies someone who cares about their career, and wants to learn as much as possible. Being a CTA verifies to both me and my clients that I am an experienced, professional agent.
Your Study Options
Whether you access the materials online or in print, the entire program is all self-paced. That means you determine the schedule and how much time you spend on a particular topic. Some you’ll breeze through. Others, you’ll take a deep dive before moving on. Each module follows the same learning platform that engages you through practice scenarios, application activities and did-you-know tips. Once you enroll in the program, you will have 12 months to complete your studies and take the final exam.
We want to make sure you get the most out of the CTA program, so we’ve established three requirements:
- You must have a basic understanding of the retail travel industry before enrolling
- You must pass the standardized CTA exam with a grade of 70% or higher
- You must have 12 months industry experience before you receive your CTA certificate
- Full Payment: $399
- Payment Plan: $33.25 monthly, plus $25 non-refundable administration fee
- Tuition includes access to online materials and testing fees
- Full Payment: $499 plus Shipping
- Tuition includes printed materials, testing fees, AND online materials
“The CTA course should be the gold standard for anyone selling the Travel experience . . . whether new to the business or a 10-year veteran. “I love the course as much now, as I did when I first completed it. The updates are so relevant in today’s world. The work put in by The Travel Institute to keep this course so fresh and relevant is wildly impressive”
Join a CTA Informational Session!
The CTA Certification Program
The competition is fierce in the travel industry. What sets you apart as a travel agent? The answer is your ability to match your client with the best vacation experience of their dreams. That’s simple, right? Well, it if it were, everyone would be doing it. So how will the Certified Travel Associate (CTA) program help you?
Join Patty Noonan, CTC, as she takes you through the CTA program and shows you the training that will help you to close more sales, improve your efficiency, expand your geography knowledge and fine-tune customer service skills, all while earning widely recognized industry credentials that will set you apart immediately.Register
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certified Travel Associates (CTAs) are required to earn a minimum of ten Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year to maintain their certification. In addition to being a member of The Travel Institute, our CEU requirement is an effective way to master new skills, attain product knowledge, remain current on industry trends, and continue to develop your role as a travel professional.Approved Programs
Experienced? Why not Test-Out?
If you are a travel professional with at least twelve months of experience, you can demonstrate your knowledge by choosing our popular CTA Test-Only option. By relying on your experience in selling and servicing your customers, you can “test out” and take the same test as those enrolled in the full program and be eligible to earn the same industry-recognized certification. Your experience counts for something … use it to earn your CTA.