Open Letter from Guida Botelho CTIE, Director of Education, The Travel Institute
I have the best job. I know that many of you say that, but I truly do. As Director of Education (DOE) for The Travel Institute, one of the favorite parts of my job is being able to have wonderful conversations with every sector of the travel industry, especially you!
Every day, I have the pleasure of speaking with people who are just joining the travel industry, experienced travel counselors, host agency owners, brick-and-mortar owners, suppliers, consortia, and travel veterans from across the entire industry. Each conversation is different and unique, and that is because there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to education. Every single person and organization has unique needs.
So, each of us at The Travel Institute shares the same goal: Your industry success! Whether it’s off-the-shelf plug and play, a white-labeled product, a customized version of our content, or another creative solution, our team works with organizations to share our tried and true content along with our expertise and know-how.
“We certainly save time and money over trying to keep a program up-to-date on our own, but what really excites us is working with The Travel Institute as an education-based organization to utilize a program developed and managed by education professionals. Why would I do it any other way?”— Rhonda Stanley, CTC, vice president of talent, The Travel Agent Next Door.
This year has been simply… bad. I can’t sugarcoat it. As we look forward to 2021 and leave 2020 in the rearview mirror, I am eager to continue speaking, helping and coaching many of you so you can grow professionally and individually. Here are some ways our team is ready to help you, based on your career level or organization’s goals.
- Individuals who are new to the industry. We currently offer the industry’s leading entry-level training program through our TRIPKITSM program. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. You can use it off the shelf or allow us to help you identify the best way you can use this content in combination with other training you might be taking.
- Seasoned Frontline Professional. The Certified Travel Associate (CTA®) designation has become an industry standard itself with the practical and professional skills every agent needs. Our destination and niche markets courses prove to be just the right immersive experience, with both leading to greater knowledge and sales.
- Agency owners. We can help you develop an educational plan that is customized to the needs of your agents by taking advantage of one or several of our state-of-the-art programs. Don’t try to go it alone. You already have enough on your plate.
- Suppliers. Your team is as important to us as any other travel professional. Let us help you identify some of your internal training needs, especially as it applies to call centers and customer service education.
- Executives. Leadership, mentoring, coaching and leading through chaos have never been more important than today. We can help you continue to grow your skills and your team’s skills as we navigate new waters and roads.
Whether it’s marketing, social media, destination, database, legal, ethics, business planning, financial planning, or any other topics you can think of, we probably have it at The Travel Institute. Therefore, we are in a unique position to help you identify and put into place education that will stay with you and your organization for a lifetime.
Every day, I am thankful for you and love to see your feedback on our educational content. I and our entire team look forward to continuing to bring you timely and quality education in 2021 and for many years to come.