CTIE – Certified Travel Industry Executive
Leadership Training for Today’s Travel Professional
The Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE) program is designed with the in-demand skills needed in today’s leaders. It is more than just “being in charge.” A leader needs to be sure that they are focused on goals that are aligned with their company and that they have a team behind them that is focused on achieving those goals as well. Each of the online course topics builds upon each other – and you will see how the courses create a complete leadership preparation program.
What You Will Learn
Each core topic is supplemented with additional reading, interactive exercises, and travel related management topics.
- After identifying your leadership style with the DISC Leadership Styles course; the leadership core components (Becoming an Excellent Leader, Strategic Leadershipand Transformational Leadership) are crafted to make you more effective, able to properly apply the organization’s core values, and meet the challenges and obstacles along the way.
- Developing strong co-workers, employees and a cohesive team involves guiding, encouraging and supporting them in their growth. Coaching and Team Building skills are important skills and give you the confidence to lead individuals and a strong company. Creativity will help you find new ways of doing business and getting the most from your staff.
- Knowing how your employees and co-workers think and “operate” and how to get the best work from these people is the essence of the Coping with Change and Emotional Intelligence training. Using these personnel skills, you will soon be leading an organization that is a well-oiled machine.
“My testing and preparation to receive the Certified Travel Industry Executive title serves as a ‘heads up’ to my colleagues that they are dealing with a person who is experienced, ethical and knows what they do, with accomplishments to prove it.As a tool for travel teams I work with, I urge my colleagues to certify to the level that best suits their current skills within the industry.I am quite proud of those four letters, worked hard for them, and they are noticed! ”
CTIE Table of Contents
Achieve leadership excellence by learning how to create followers, motivate employees, and build a leadership team.
- How to be a Follow-able Leader
- Creating Followership
- How to Motivate Employees
- Motivational Leadership
- Effective Delegation
- Empowering Followers
Learn how to coach people to higher performance by adapting your leadership style to the specific coaching situation.
- Key Player
- The Coaching Conversation
Learn how to develop an action plan to manage your response to change and help your colleagues work through change, too.
- Change Phases
- Change Behaviors
- Change Model
- Change for Managers
Learn what creativity is, what rules we place on it, and how it can fit into the workplace for positive results.
- Getting Creative
- Logic vs Creativity
- Defining Problems
- Generate and Evaluate
Identify the DISC personality styles and learn the best strategies to use to lead each type most effectively.
- Understanding DISC Styles
- Leading High D
- Leading High I
- Leading High S
- Leading High C
Learn how to better understand emotions in order to be more productive and develop greater relationship skills.
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Developing Self Awareness
- Developing Self Regulation
- Developing Self Motivation
- Developing Empathy
- Developing Effective Relationships
- Emotional Intelligence and DISC
Learn how to identify your negotiating style and the styles of others in order to build effective negotiating strategies.
- Introduction to Negotiating
- Identifying Leverage
- Analyzing Upcoming Negotiations
- Planning for Negotiations
- The Negotiation Process
- Reaching Agreement
- Evaluating Your Performance
- DISC Styles
- Dealing with Strategies
Improve your leadership skills by creating or reviewing your vision, mission, and value statements.
- Vision, Mission, Values
- THE Answer for Business Success
Learn what makes a winning team and tips for ground rules, roles, and responsibilities. Explore six different types of teams.
- What is Team Building?
- Types of Teams
- Effective Team Members
- Team Development and the Tuckman Model
- Characteristics of a Successful Team
- Teams in Crisis Situations
Discover new ways to lead your organization during times of change by learning to focus on what’s most important.
- Transforming the Organization
- Dealing with Resistance
- Creating Focus During Change
How You Will Study
This program consists of a series of online videos delivered by experienced engaging educators who provide you with practical advice that can be used immediately. These courses are available anytime 24/7 in our unique online environment.
Candidates for the CTIE must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years travel industry experience
- Pass the CTIE Exam
- Complete a white paper or submit a qualifying project
- Earn a minimum of ten (10) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) a year for certification maintenance
“You may have heard that obtaining your industry certification from The Travel Institute will enhance your work life. For me that was truly the case. Upon obtaining my CTIE, I was able to increase my financial earnings considerably and put me in a position of being a better leader, mentor, and coach for the teams I serve.”
$550 per individual, including access to all videos and supplemental reading. The registration fee covers the course materials, CTIE Exam, and evaluation of the paper or project. Payment plan available to help fit the cost of certification into any budget.
Join a CTIE Informational Session
The CTIE, A Leadership Program for Travel Executives
Every day, owners and executives from the retail agency side to the supplier side of the travel industry are faced with leading the growth and development of their organizations. To lead an organization through growth requires creating and applying the organization’s core values, goals and objectives, developing a cohesive team of employees through encouragement and coaching, keeping an open mind for creativity and opportunity, all while leading the many aspects of change.
Join Patty Noonan, CTC as she dives into the tools inside of the Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE) program designed to help you build and perfect the many skills required by today’s and tomorrow’s executives.Save My Place!
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certified Travel Counselors (CTCs) are required to earn a minimum of ten Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year to maintain their certification. In addition to being a member of The Travel Institute, our CEU requirement is an effective way to master new skills, attain product knowledge, remain current on industry trends, and continue to develop your role as a travel professional.Approved Programs