One of the final criteria needed to earn the CTIE certification is to submit a white paper OR an alternative project. This page has the general information you will need to complete this requirement.
White Paper Criteria
The white paper must:
- Be related to some aspect of leadership.
- Be between 2000 and 3000 words in length.
- Include a cover page with the title of the paper, your name, company name, telephone number and e-mail address. Your name must also be on all subsequent pages.
- Contain proper attribution and sourcing when referencing quotes, fact, figures, etc.
As an alternative to a white paper, you can submit one of the following:
- Slides from a webinar or seminar you have presented related to the course material. (can be retroactive a year)
- A summary (approximately 1000-2000 words) of a webinar or seminar you attended highlighting the main points you learned.
- An article you’ve had published in a trade publication related to course content. (can be retroactive a year)
Email the white paper or project to Pat Gagnon, CTC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
- The Travel Institute
- Attn: Pat Gagnon CTC
- 945 Concord Street
- Framingham, MA 01701
The white paper or project is graded on a pass/fail basis and is evaluated on the following criteria:
- Timely and relevant content
- Proper substantiation of information
- Acceptable adherence to basic grammar and spelling rules
- Adherence to established essay-writing structure, i.e. begin with a statement of purpose or thesis that is supported and concluded with a summary of the main points
Candidates will receive their results within 21 business days of submission. Anything needing improvement will be returned with suggestions for change.
All submissions become the property of The Travel Institute. With the author’s permission, any submissions may be posted or published at the Institute’s discretion.
Please submit your topic to Pat Gagnon, CTC at email@example.com for approval. If you need help with sample topics to help start you thinking, Pat can help with that too!