One of the final criteria to earn the CTC designation is to submit a white paper for approval. This page has the general information you will need to complete this requirement.
White Paper Criteria
The white paper must:
- Be between 2000 and 3000 words in length.
- Include a cover page with the title of the paper, your name, company name, telephone number and e-mail address. Your name must also be on all subsequent pages.
- Contain proper attribution and sourcing when referencing quotes, fact, figures, etc.
Email the paper to Pat Gagnon, CTC at email@example.com or mail to:
The Travel Institute
Attn: Pat Gagnon CTC
945 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01701
The white paper is graded on a pass/fail basis and is evaluated on the following criteria:
- Timely and relevant content
- Proper substantiation of information
- Acceptable adherence to basic grammar and spelling rules
- Adherence to established essay-writing structure, i.e. begin with a statement of purpose or thesis that is supported and concluded with a summary of the main points
Candidates will receive their results within 21 business days of submission. Anything needing improvement will be returned with suggestions for change.
All submissions become the property of The Travel Institute. With the author’s permission, any submissions may be posted or published at the Institute’s discretion.
Please submit your topic to Pat Gagnon, CTC at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. If you need help with sample topics to help start you thinking, Pat can help with that too!