6th Annual ‘Promote Your Professionalism’ campaign features 50% certification scholarships, tools for agents to differentiate
Annual event coincides with new CTA course and proprietary digital credentials launch
FRAMINGHAM, MA, JUNE 24, 2019 – The Travel Institute’s 6th Annual Promote Your Professionalism month kicks off July 1. In addition to scholarships, this year’s event coincides with the release of an enhanced CTA® course utilizing a new interactive platform, the launch of a new online validation tool for certified graduates, and free webinars.
To qualify for a scholarship, individuals must complete The Travel Institute’s scholarship application form available now through the end of July. “We anticipate a record number of applicants again this year, given the marketability and portability of our certifications and the importance of agent differentiation in an industry with widely varying, difficult-to-discern agent capabilities,” stated Diane Petras, CTIE, president, The Travel Institute. “Our annual scholarship program is one of our most visible and far-reaching commitments to the vitality and future of our industry,” Petras said.
“I can’t stress the importance and success rate of this program after completion!” agreed Rowanne Gallo, CTC, Globetrotters, Ltd. “My agency’s bookings and revenue increased exponentially,” she explained.
With The Travel Institute’s continued commitment to bringing high-quality, advanced learning techniques to the travel industry, it has added the enhanced CTA® as the latest in a growing library of online courses that take advantage of new training technologies. The new platform has an interactive user interface, refreshed graphics, dynamic learning tools, and responsive design—all in an effort to further increase comprehension and retention.
Throughout July, travel agents can enroll in the new Certified Travel Associate (CTA®), Certified Travel Counselor (CTC®), or Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE®) programs and qualify to receive a 50-percent savings, thanks to the generous scholarships from The Travel Institute Fund. Depending on selected coursework, the value may be as high as $275 off standard pricing.
Supplementing the certification-scholarship offers are interactive webinars and weekly communications, all focused on professional development, branding, and differentiating yourself. July Webinars include:
- July 2, 1 p.m. EDT: The new CTA® Certification Program
- July 11, 3 p.m. EDT: New Marketing Tools that Set You Apart!
- July 16, 2 p.m. EDT: How to Promote Your Value Using Social Marketing
- July 24, 2 p.m. EDT: How to Be Magnetic Online
- July 30, 1 p.m. EDT: Professional Development Webinar – Northern India and Ethiopia
All sessions are free, but advanced registration is required, and availability is limited. In addition, webinars on specialization, certification, and new agent training are also offered in July.
Complementing Promote Your Professionalism month is the launch of Digital Credentials, a new online validation tool for certified graduates. In an increasingly competitive global marketplace, CTA®, CTC®, and CTIE® certification enables graduates to differentiate themselves, and digital credentials make it easier for agents to share that differentiation with colleagues and consumers. Learn what certified graduates say about the value of certification:
- “I believe certification is one of the absolute best ways to promote YOUR professionalism every single day of the year. Having those three little letters after your name is no small thing. It shows your current and future clients that you’re invested in yourself, in your brand, and in your expertise,” commented Vicki Freed, CTC, Royal Caribbean International
- “As a travel professional, certification is an important piece of reflecting my dedication to the profession. It helps build credibility and opens up dialogue around what the certification is and what I did to earn it. Take the time and invest in yourself by taking the certification. I highly recommend completing any training that is going to reinforce your commitment to this profession. Once done, share it with everyone and have the conversation so they know you are a professional travel expert committed to learning and growing. They will definitely feel validated in doing business with you and want your expert opinion in planning their vacation,” shared Drew Daly, CTIE, World Travel Holdings
- “My certification is recognized and respected by more people than I thought would know what it means. I believe it has given me a leg up in confirming my level of expertise to potential clients. Also, suppliers take me more seriously when I give them my card at travel shows because they know I have invested in my business. No matter how long you have been in business, there will be information here for you to benefit from by taking this course. Worth every minute and dollar,” shared Shari Vick, CTA, Memorable Times
About The Travel Institute
A collaborative industry effort created in 1964, The Travel Institute has continuously evolved to maintain its role as the global leader in industry education and certification while staying true to its mission: dedicated solely to advancing the professionalism of both agents and industry leaders in support of individual and industry success. A non-profit, independent organization, The Travel Institute also works with leaders throughout the industry to create and deliver relevant, meaningful, and rigorous coursework. Using exclusive proctored, closed-book testing to ensure its graduates earn credentials that demonstrate the highest standards of expertise and service, The Travel Institute has certified more than 25,000 Certified Travel Associate (CTA®), Certified Travel Counselor (CTC®), and Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE®) graduates and also administers the Travel Agent Proficiency, or TAP®, exam to confirm students new to the industry demonstrate a mastery of travel industry basics. A trusted partner to industry suppliers and educational institutions, The Travel Institute has trained hundreds of thousands more through additional courses, webinars, and in its online Premium Member Lounge. Throughout North America, many successful agents and high-profile leaders credit their success to coursework from The Travel Institute. Learn more at The Travel Institute.