The Travel Institute shares January highlights from its complimentary training calendar for agents
FRAMINGHAM, MA, January 10, 2023 – The Travel Institute is kicking off 2023 with complimentary advice on launching a travel career, understanding key travel partners, qualifying luxury travelers, and finding the right host agency and a variety of other topics for both new and experienced agents looking to advance their travel career.
The Travel Institute’s “knowledge-packed” webinar lineup features industry thought leaders, many of whom are members of The Travel Institute’s Professional Educator Program, or PEP, sharing their insight on timely topics to aid agent success. “With no out-of-pocket costs, it’s more than worth an agent’s time to take advantage of this programming. They absolutely leave these sessions smarter and more capable for themselves and for their clients,” said Carla Smith, CTA, director of membership for The Travel Institute, who oversees the complimentary event calendar. Highlights for January include:
- Travel Industry Partners—Putting the Pieces Together: January 11, 2 pm EST Join Kim Specht, CTIE, as she talks about the many key partners in the travel industry and how, like a puzzle, an agent must understand how the pieces comes together and how it impacts their job. What is the difference between a tour operator and wholesaler? What is a consortium? What is a host agency and what is an independent contractor? What is an OTA or an air consolidator? Learn more about your travel industry key partners, what they do and how the travel industry puzzle pieces come together.
- How do You Qualify Your Luxury Traveler?: January 16, 1 pm EST Angela Hughes, CTC, Chief Visionary Officer, Trips & Ships Luxury Travel/Luxury Travel University, dispels the myth that luxury travel is for the wealthy only. Yet, how do you know what’s right for your client? There are many ways to qualify a luxury travel client, understand their unique needs, desires and priorities. What is their budget? What are their must-have amenities? Understanding the answers to these questions and more, ensure your client’s ultimate travel experience no matter how it’s defined.
- Preparing for a Travel Career: January 10, 1 pm EST Are You Ready? If you are entering the travel industry, preparing for a travel career, or just getting started, don’t miss Patty Noonan, CTC, who will introduce you to the variety of career paths open to entry-level candidates preparing for a travel career. Patty will guide your first steps and provide the tools and information needed to start your travel career. Attendees will also receive a special training offer.
- Special Replay! A Day in the Life…: January 18, 7 pm EST Most travel advisors will tell you there is no typical day. Every day is different, which is one of the reasons they enjoy the travel business. Previously recorded, this special session, usually available only in our online Premium library now, features Lauren Doyle, CTA, President and Senior Travel Advisor, The Travel Mechanic and Michele Cartwright, CTA, President, and Owner Destinations by Design. Moderated by Kim Specht, CTIE, Lauren and Michele share their professional expertise about their dreams and the journey they each took to launch and build successful travel businesses. You will learn what their days look like, as well as their views on different travel niches such as weddings, honeymoons or family travel.
- Is Your Host Agency Working for YOU in the New Year? January 20, 1pm EST With 2023 upon us, it’s YOUR year to refine and optimize your business. One key success factor is Host Agency partnerships. Join Andy Ogg, CTIE, co-owner of FindaHostTravelAgency.com, for an in-depth look into the questions you should be asking, how to interview a possible Host Agency partner, and how to know the right fit for YOU and YOUR business! One Lucky Attendee will win a FREE copy of the 2022 guide, Digital Marketing in the Travel Industry, by Andy along with Tom Ogg and Joanie Ogg, CTC, MCCy.
- You Hired a New Person Now What? January 24, 1 pm EST When hiring a new employee or bringing on a new independent contractor, one of your first agenda items is education, right? To be most effective and efficient, build a training itinerary supported by existing content and focus only on your own internal processes and policies. Join Guida Botelho, CTIE, director of education for The Travel Institute, for insight on designing a program that fits your agency, takes advantage of readily available resources, and minimizes your delivery time to ensure a well-trained team.
Smith encouraged agents to check the FULL event calendar monthly as it is updated frequently and also includes a variety of additional complimentary webinars year-round to provide guidance for new-to-the -industry agents and advanced certification and other training for experienced agents.
The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program roster includes trainers, educators, and speakers from both inside and outside the travel industry. Established in 2011, PEP is a collection of thought leaders who share their expertise with agents ongoing via webinars, white papers, newsletters, blogs, e-books and more. The Travel Institute’s certified graduates earn two continuing education units, or CEUs, toward annual ongoing education requirements for webinar attendance. Space is limited and early webinar sign-up is encouraged. Presented live, these webinars—along with nearly 200 already recorded webinars and other valuable content—are also available on-demand via The Travel Institute’s Premium Access online content library subscription program.
About The Travel Institute
A collaborative industry effort created in 1964, The Travel Institute has continuously evolved to maintain its role as the global leader in travel industry education and certification while staying true to its mission: dedicated solely to advancing the professionalism of both agents and industry leaders in support of individual and industry success. A non-profit, independent organization, The Travel Institute also works with leaders throughout the industry to create and deliver relevant, meaningful and rigorous coursework. Using exclusive proctored, closed-book testing to ensure its graduates earn credentials that demonstrate the highest standards of expertise and service, The Travel Institute has certified more than 27,000 Certified Travel Associate (CTA®), Certified Travel Counselor (CTC®), and Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE®) graduates and also administers the Travel Agent Proficiency, or TAP®, exam to confirm students new to the industry demonstrate a mastery of travel industry basics. A trusted partner to industry suppliers and educational institutions, The Travel Institute has trained hundreds of thousands more through additional courses, webinars, and in its online Premium Member content. Throughout North America, many successful agents and high-profile leaders credit their success to coursework from The Travel Institute. Learn more at The Travel Institute.