The learning toolbox that makes up the Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) program prepares you to face the new demands of today’s travel managers. Each of the online course topics build upon each other – and you will see how the courses create a complete management preparation program.
What You Will Learn:
Each core topic is supplemented with additional reading, interactive exercises, and travel related management topics.
- Even everyday business changes like converting from one GDS system to another, or rebranding your company involve a series of tasks and steps in order for the change to be successful. The Negotiating course will help you set the groundwork for obtaining the best position for your company in any situation, and the Project Management course enables you be able to handle the HOW of changes you will face. Accounting Fundamentals will help you better understand “the bottom line.”
- Developing strong co-workers, employees and a cohesive team involves guiding, encouraging and supporting them in their growth. Coaching and Mentoring and Team Building skills in this course will give you the confidence to build a strong company. Creativity will help you find new ways of doing business and getting the most from your staff.
- Knowing how your employees and co-workers think and “operate” and how to get the best work from these people is the essence of Conflict Management, DISC Behavior Training and Emotional Intelligence training. Using these personnel skills will soon have your company working as a well-oiled machine.
How You Will Study:
This program consists of a series of online videos delivered by experienced engaging educators who provide you with practical advice that can be used immediately. These courses are available anytime 24/7 in our unique online environment.
What Else You Need To Do:
Candidates for the CTC must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years travel industry experience
- Pass the CTA Exam (testing-out included in registration)
- Pass the CTC Exam
- Complete a white paper or submit a qualifying project
- Earn a minimum of ten (10) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) a year for certification maintenance
Payment Options: The Travel Institute believes that in times like these it is important to remain fiscally responsible while still pursuing industry recognition. We offer a 12-month payment plan. With payments staring at just $50 for materials in Online format, certification can easily fit into most any budget. There is a $25 Sign-Up Fee by selecting this payment option.
Cancellations/Refunds: Online study is non-refundable. You may stop your payment plan at anytime and withdraw from the program, but no refund will be made.
*Certified Travel Counselors (CTCs) are required to earn a minimum of ten Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year to maintain their certification. In addition to being a member of The Travel Institute, our CEU requirement is an effective way to master new skills, attain product knowledge, remain current on industry trends, and continue to develop your role as a travel professional.